A natural accompaniment to the Ergot exhibit is the Dassel pharmacy story. Since 1872, Dassel has been able to provide its citizens with this medical support. In the past doctors would employ their own pharmacist, so there could be any number of them in Dassel at one time. In the 1880s pharmacists began opening their own businesses.
The Peterson family, two physicians and one pharmacist, came to Dassel in 1905. The pharmacist’s son Ralph has given to DAHS an extensive collection of artifacts from the earliest Peterson Pharmacy. The exhibit reveals the great changes in medicines from the early 1900s.